Health Data Governance
State law governs the collection, analysis and dissemination of health data. This includes both language adopted by the legislature and rules adopted by the Utah Department of Health and Human Services.
The state laws that apply to our activities are found in Title 26B-8 Part 5 (Sections 501-514) of the Utah Code: Utah Code (Laws)
The rules that apply can be found in Title R428:
- Documents related to the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data covered in this title.
- Definitions, requirements, and general guidelines relating to the collection, control, use, and release of data pursuant to Title 26B-8 Part 5, Utah Health Data Authority Act.
- Procedures used by the Utah Health Data Committee for its adjudicative proceedings.
- Requirements for healthcare facilities to submit data to the Utah Department of Health and Human Services, Healthcare Information and Analysis/Healthcare Statistics program.
- Process for collecting enrollee satisfaction data from Utah carriers (CAHPS) that needed to promote informed consumer choice in plan selection and measure the quality of care provided to enrollees of Utah carriers.
- Process for collecting< Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures from Utah carriers that are needed to promote informed consumer choice in plan selection and measure the quality of care provided to enrollees of Utah carriers.
- Requirements for certain entities that pay for health care to submit APCD data to the Utah Department of Health and Human Services.